Beck Forsland, BS, ERYT-200, RYT-500, YACEP, C-IAYT, is a Certified Yoga Teacher, Certified Yoga Therapist, and Certified Life Coach and a Doctor of Chiropractic student at the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon. She is a calming, compassionate catalyst for growth and transformation.
Beck’s wise and calming presence offers refuge for humans who struggle with anxiety, self deprication, and she offers strategies for coping with endless brain chatter, as well as stress-reduction techniques for the perceived experience high levels of stress. She is coach, teacher, and partner to encourage self-confidence, self-love, and self-awareness as a way of connecting with Self, bouncing back from trauma, and moving through suffering.
Beck teaches yoga students, yoga teachers, and mental healthcare providers to use yoga and mindfulness to create more fulfilling and connected lives through private, group classes and 12-month group programs.
Beck completed her 500-hour yoga therapy studies with Scott Anderson and Alignment Yoga in Madison, Wisconsin. Beck owned and operated a yoga studio in Menominee, Michigan for 4 years and has been a student of yoga for more than 15 years. She is now studying at the Univeristy of Western States to become a Doctor of Chiropractic and intends to support women in finding their own power to heal physically, mentally, and emotionally.
“You are a warm, welcoming and inviting soul.” [retreat student]
Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher Yoga Alliance (E-RYT 200, RYT 500)
Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP)
International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
Yoga Alliance Registry ID: 70671
– Doctor of Chiropractic studies at Univeristy of Western States in Portland, Oregon | 2018 – present
– CranioSacral Therapy I Training in Portland, Oregon | April 2018
– How to Rewire the Traumatized Brain with Bessel van der Kolk, MD and Ruth Buczynski, PhD | 2017
– Trauma-Informed, Brain-Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training with Sarahjoy Marsh, DAYA Foundation and Yogajoy | 2017
– Certified Life Coach from Dr. Eve Agee, Transform Coaching Academy | 2015
– Yoga Teacher Training 500-hour from Scott Anderson, Alignment Yoga | 2014 – 2015
– The Role of Fascia and Prana in Health and Disease | 2013
– Creative Sequencing from Shayne Broadwell, Core Essence Yoga | 2012
– The Himalayan Yoga Meditation Society of Wisconsin
– Yoga Teacher Training, 200-hour from MaryKay Marquart, EveryBody’s Yoga | 2011
– B.S. Double Major, Sociology and Art from UW-River Falls | 2008
– Anderson, Beck (Forsland). (2011, April/May). Feedback on Raw Milk. BackHome Magazine, No. 112, (pg. 24).