I was convinced I would gain hundreds of pounds if I trusted my body. For years I had controlled my body, and what I put in it. And there were those custard cream filled donut urges once in a while that I gave in to…
What would happen if I simply trusted my body (with a few guidelines) and loved it As It Was?
I’ve listened to these guidelines* for the past year, and I have NOT gained hundreds of pounds, I have NOT lost myself in food. In actuality, I’ve never been happier in my life. And I’m helping other women do this too.
I like Geneen Roths’ guidelines to eating…
- eat when you’re physically hungry
- eat sitting down in a calm environment
- eat without distractions (radio, TV, book, intense or anxiety producing conversations)
- eat with the intention of being in full view of others
- eat what your body wants (not your denied child or spoiled child)
- stop when you’re satiated
- eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure
* I do avoid 19 foods–eggs, grapefruit, wheat, oats, yeast, lemons, limes, lettuce, kidney beans, and more–because blood testing show that I have food sensitivities.