- University of Western States — Master’s in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine in progress
- University of Western States — Doctor of Chiropractic 2021
- University of Western States, Portland, OR — Bachelor’s of Science in Human Biology 2020
- University of Wisconsin, River Falls, WI — Bachelor’s of Science in Sociology and Art 2008
- Webster Certified for prenatal care through the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association 2021
- Operation Osprey clinical correlative studies with Dr. Moreau 2020-2021
- Tier 1 Star Behavioral Health Providers (Sponsored by Returning Veterans Project) 2020
- STEADI: Older Adult Fall Prevention 2020
- Changing the Conversation about Pain 2020
- Cervicothoracic TULIP Seminar 2020
- CranioSacral Therapy I Training, Upledger Institute 2018
- YogaCARE Conference 2017
- How to Rewire the Traumatized Brain 2017
- Trauma-Informed, Brain-Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training, Portland, OR 2017
- Certified Life Coach 2015
- Yoga Teacher Training 500-hour, Blue Mounds, WI 2014-2016
- Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour, Green Bay, WI 2011
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Oregon Chiropractic Association (OCA)
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA)
Dr. Beck Forsland is a chiropractic physician with a degree from the University of Western States (UWS). During her tenure as a graduate student, she was the senior intern for the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for UWS and former CMO for the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). There, she worked with a wide variety of patients. Many wanted to address pain, illness, and injury in the most minimally invasive way possible. Many others wanted to achieve peak performance and continue to feel well and move freely.
She is patient-centered in her approach and desires to empower her patients through education and active care. Dr. Forsland continues to draw on her extensive background in yoga therapy and active care therapies including home exercise, as well as gentle manual adjusting, activator adjusting, fascial release techniques, craniosacral therapy, instrument-assisted soft tissue massage (IASTM), taping, and more.
Dr. Forsland has completed training in Craniosacral Therapy through the Upledger Institute and is Webster Certification for pediatric and perinatal needs through the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA). She is currently pursuing her Master’s degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine.
In her free time, Dr. Forsland enjoys CrossFit, hiking, backpacking, cross-country skiing, biking, boondocking, yoga, meditation, decaf coffee, painting, playing the piano, perfecting her masala chai recipe, and living lightly on the earth with her husband and their two backyard chickens.
Dr. Forsland grew up in Andover, Minnesota. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin – River Falls with a degree in Sociology and Art. After graduation, she moved around the midwest and found herself in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Following a year-long yoga teacher training program, she opened a yoga studio in Menominee, Michigan. Dr. Beck relocated to Oregon to manage a nonprofit yoga studio when she discovered the University of Western States. She received her Doctor of Chiropractic in 2021.
Dr. Beck is an author at TwigandTrail.com where they share boondocking adventure experiences.
Historical interest: Dr. Beck bought her first house: an uninsurable, unlivable foreclosure that she renovated (and have since sold).
Dr. Beck continues to advocate for: girls’ education, healthy children, domestic violence victims, and strong military families.
- Stress and Wellness presenter 2015
- Self-Love for Real Girls Club 2015
- Student Wellness Day 2015
- Intro to Meditation at the Marinette County Jail 2015
- Meditation and Yoga for Pain Management 2015
To inquire about booking Dr. Beck Forsland as a speaker, please visit our contact page.