My name is Beck Forsland.
I am a runner, meditator, yogi, weight lifter, rollerblader, snowboarder, cross-country skier, biker, hiker, backpacker, canoeist, pianist, bass player, artist, cross-stitcher, organic food enthusiast, grass-fed/pasture-raised carnivore, composter, decaf coffee consumer, book reader and military wife doing my best to live lightly on Earth. I am a Yoga Therapist (certified by the International Association of Yoga Therapist, C-IAYT). I am also an author at TwigandTrail.com where my husband and I share our adventure experiences.
In my 20s I started The Yoga Place (AKA. Wellinspire Wellness Center). I also bought my first house: an uninsurable, unlivable foreclosure that I renovated (and have since sold).
In my 30s I began my doctorate degree from University of Western states to become a Chiropractic Physician.
I continue to advocate for: girls’ education, healthy children, domestic violence victims, and strong military families.
As a yoga instructor for over a decade, Beck Forsland has worked with athletes, mamas and mamas-to-be, children, pilots, engineers, military personnel, and people of all ages and backgrounds. Since relocating to the Pacific Northwest, Forsland has had the pleasure to complete her internship with Dr. Bill Moreau, Chief Medical Officer for UWS and former Chief Medical Officer for the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). Forsland is currently pursuing her Masters degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine. She continues to draw on her extensive background in yoga therapy and active care in order to provide the best care for her patients.
Forsland enjoys hiking, running, weight training, backpacking, boondocking, yoga, meditation, composting, coffee, perfecting her masala chai recipe, playing the piano, and living lightly on the earth with her husband, Greg, and their two chickens.
- University of Western States — Masters in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine beginning April 2021
- University of Western States — Doctor of Chiropractic 2018-2021
- University of Western States, Portland, OR — Bachelor’s of Science in Human Biology 2018-2020
- University of Wisconsin, River Falls, WI — Bachelor’s of Science in Sociology and Art 2008
- Operation Osprey clinical correlative studies with Dr. Moreau 2020-2021
- Tier 1 Star Behavioral Health Providers (Sponsored by Returning Veterans Project) 2020
- STEADI: Older Adult Fall Prevention 2020
- Changing the Conversation about Pain 2020
- Cervicothoracic TULIP Seminar 2020
- CranioSacral Therapy I Training 2018
- YogaCARE Conference 2017
- How to Rewire the Traumatized Brain 2017
- Trauma-Informed, Brain-Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training, Portland, OR 2017
- Certified Life Coach, online 2015
- Yoga Teacher Training 500-hour, Blue Mounds, WI 2014-2016
- Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour, Green Bay, WI 2011
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Oregon Chiropractic Association (OCA)
- ACA Council on Women’s Health
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- Stress and Wellness presenter 2015
- Self-Love for Real Girls Club 2016
- Student Wellness Day 2015
- Intro to Meditation at the Marinette County Jail 2015
- Meditation and Yoga for Pain Management 2015
To inquire about booking Beck as a speaker, please visit our contact page.