to empower women to reclaim their bodies, their voices, their lives.
My name is Beck.
Since I was a small human, I was devoted to helping the underdog. I don’t know how that desire started in my little heart. Perhaps it was a natural instinct as the oldest of three girls: I wanted my younger sisters to know they weren’t alone. I wanted to ensure they were supported, safe, successful. In fact, that same desire nearly led me into law school as fresh graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Sociology: to fight for the victims. Though life led me in a direction away from law school, I’ve found myself involved in courtroom battles for the rights of various victims.
I served my purpose in my 20s when I started The Yoga Place and worked with yoga students and life coaching clients to help people overcome physical and mental limitations. I volunteered to work with school-aged girls, women in prison, and at the domestic abuse house. I served my purpose, too, when I bought my first house: an uninsurable, unlivable foreclosure that we renovated and now is full of awe and joy.
Today I’m serving my purpose as an intern in my school’s chiropractic clinic. Though life looks different now as compared to 10 years ago, my desire to inspire people to be the best version of themselves is still the same.
I empower women to reclaim their bodies, their voices, their lives.
Beck Forsland is a speaker, future Chiropractic Physician as well as wellness coach, yoga therapist/teacher and craniosacral therapist.
Beck owned and operated a yoga studio in Michigan and was in practice as a Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist. She decided to move to Oregon to pursue a Doctor of Chiropractic at the University of Western States.
Upon graduation, Beck intends to reside and practice in Oregon in order to enjoy the mountains and the ocean to the fullest. Beck enjoys reading, running, drinking coffee, perfecting her masala chai recipe, practicing yoga, hiking, camping and backpacking.
- Doctor of Chiropractic at University of Western States in Portland, Oregon | 2018 – present
- Bachelor’s of Science in Human Biology at University of Western States in Portland, Oregon | 2018-2019
- Bachelor’s of Science in Art and Sociology at University of Wisconsin – River Falls, WI | June 2008
- CranioSacral Therapy I Training in Portland, Oregon | April 2018
- How to Rewire the Traumatized Brain, Bessel van der Kolk, MD & Ruth Buczynski, PhD | 2017
- Trauma-Informed, Brain-Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training at DAYA Foundation | 2017
- Certified Life Coach from Dr. Eve Agee, Transform Coaching Academy | 2015
- Yoga Teacher Training 500-hour from Scott Anderson, Alignment Yoga | 2014 – 2015
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Oregon Chiropractic Association (OCA)
- ACA Council on Women’s Health
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- Pain Summit 2016
- Menominee-Marinette Community Events 2013-2016
- Marinette County Jail Women’s AA meeting 2015
To inquire about booking Beck as a speaker, please visit our contact page.