You can call me Dr. Forsland, Beck, Beckster, or whatever sparks your fancy. I am a runner, meditator, yogi, weight lifter, rollerblader, snowboarder, cross-country skier, biker, hiker, backpacker, canoeist, pianist, bass player, artist, cross-stitcher, organic food enthusiast, grass-fed/pasture-raised carnivore, composter, decaf coffee consumer, book reader and military wife doing my best to live lightly on Earth. I am a Doctor of Chiropractic and a certified Yoga Therapist. I am also an author at TwigandTrail.com where my husband and I share our adventure experiences.
In my 20s I started The Yoga Place (AKA. Wellinspire Wellness Center). I also bought my first house: an uninsurable, unlivable foreclosure that I renovated (and have since sold).
In my 30s I completed my doctorate degree from University of Western states and became a Chiropractic Physician and married the love of my life.
I continue to advocate for: girls’ education, healthy children, domestic violence victims, and strong military families.
Dr. Beck Forsland is a chiropractic physician with a degree from the University of Western States (UWS). As a past yoga instructor and founder of a wellness center in the Midwest, Dr. Forsland worked with hundreds of clients to address pain and improve flexibility and strength. During her tenure as a graduate student, Dr. Forsland was the senior intern for the former Chef Medical Officer for the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). There, Dr. Forsland worked with a wide variety of patients. Many wanted to address pain, illness, and injury in the most minimally-invasive way possible. Many others wanted to achieve peak performance and continue to feel well and move freely.
She is patient-centered in her approach and desires to empower her patients through education and active cares. Dr. Forsland continues to draw on her extensive background in yoga therapy and active care therapies including home exercise, as well as gentle manual adjusting, activator adjusting (the clicky thing), fascial release techniques, craniosacral therapy, instrument assisted soft tissue massage (IASTM), taping and more.
She is currently pursuing her Master’s degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine and will begin studying with the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association for pediatric and perinatal needs.
Dr. Forsland enjoys hiking, running, weight training, backpacking, boondocking, yoga, meditation, decaf coffee, painting, perfecting her masala chai recipe, playing the piano, and living lightly on the earth with her husband and their two backyard chickens.
- University of Western States — Masters in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine beginning April 2021
- University of Western States — Doctor of Chiropractic 2021
- University of Western States, Portland, OR — Bachelor’s of Science in Human Biology 2020
- University of Wisconsin, River Falls, WI — Bachelor’s of Science in Sociology and Art 2008
- Operation Osprey clinical correlative studies with Dr. Moreau 2020-2021
- Tier 1 Star Behavioral Health Providers (Sponsored by Returning Veterans Project) 2020
- STEADI: Older Adult Fall Prevention 2020
- Changing the Conversation about Pain 2020
- Cervicothoracic TULIP Seminar 2020
- CranioSacral Therapy I Training, Upledger Institute 2018
- YogaCARE Conference 2017
- How to Rewire the Traumatized Brain 2017
- Trauma-Informed, Brain-Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training, Portland, OR 2017
- Certified Life Coach, online 2015
- Yoga Teacher Training 500-hour, Blue Mounds, WI 2014-2016
- Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour, Green Bay, WI 2011
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Oregon Chiropractic Association (OCA)
- ACA Council on Women’s Health
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- Stress and Wellness presenter 2015
- Self-Love for Real Girls Club 2016
- Student Wellness Day 2015
- Intro to Meditation at the Marinette County Jail 2015
- Meditation and Yoga for Pain Management 2015
To inquire about booking Dr. Beck Forsland as a speaker, please visit our contact page.